During pregnancy and birth, proper support can be of vital importance and can greatly enhance your wellbeing as you make such huge life transitions. Numerous clinical studies show that the presence and support of a doula tends to:
- reduce the duration of labor
- lower the need for pain and induction medications
- reduce the likelihood of cesarean section
- create overall greater satisfaction for the parents
A doula offers continuity of care based on the individual needs of the mother, partner, and circumstances, which may include physical (non-medical), emotional, and informational support, gentle touch, positioning, and comfort measures that nurture and care for the laboring mother in her process. more...
With yogic postures, movements, breathing, and meditation especially geared towards the needs of pregnancy, Prenatal Yoga is a great way to relieve stress, create physical comfort and emotional balance, as well as prepare for labor. Benefits can include:
- Safe physical practice during pregnancy
- Stress release
- Labor preparation
- Increased flexibility and muscle tone
- Soothing discomforts in pregnancy
- Building endurance and mental focus
- Encourages awareness for conscious pregnancy, birth and parenting
- Provides a supportive environment with other expectant mothers
Meet other expectant moms and share the experience of growing together. These classes are cozy and welcoming for students of all levels of experience (though if you are new to yoga, the ideal time to begin is in your second trimester). more...